Installation problems?

I have a problem with downloading. I tried adjusting my security settings but nothing seems to work. I don’t know if you can help with this. I am using Windows Vista Home and Internet Explorer.

When I go to the page listed in the email and click on the download link a ribbon appears at the bottom of the page but only with the “Save” option. The same thing happened when I tried to download Firefox. When I click save I get a message in that ribbon like:

“python-2_7_8_amd64_msi (2) couldn’t be downloaded”

Hi Chiboli! Try this link: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-279/ (Python 2.7.9.)
Scroll down to the very bottom, there are two options for Windows.

Hope it helps!

-Thor

Thanks, but the same thing happened.
Actually its not a problem with all downloads as I seem to be able to download documents. It must have something to do with programs so I even tried disabling my firewall. But something has gone wrong and it doesn’t look like there is an obvious solution to me.

My guess: Corrupt user account (probably not) or the internet settings don’t allow the download.
Open internet options or internet properties can’t remember, open security tab.
Scroll down to Downloads and click radio button to enable .
Restart browser for good measure.

Hope this will do it.

Thanks again for your suggestions, but like I said this problem does not have any apparent relation to any of the menu option anywhere on my computer. I even tried listing the Python site as a “trusted site.” I guess I will have to conclude that somehow a virus is responsible. I have been running without any protection for a few years now so it was inevitable.

I managed to solve the problem by downloading Google Chrome and then the Python programs. Must have had something to do with Internet Explorer, then.

1 Like