Python Project Safari

So you’ve been learning lots of Python so far! Have you ever wondered what other people do using Python? Here are two projects using Python that I like:

Blender 3D - 3D modelling software written in Python and C. All the scripting happens in Python and there is a game engine in Python.

PyGame - A library for creating games in Python.

Find a programming project that you like and share.

2 Likes

@dirk I have been using Blender for a while, which happened to be one of my original reasons for wanting to learn Python.

2 Likes

I did some research and I can see there is a lot of Python software out there.

I often use Inkscape for creating graphical stuff (part of my robot personality is, that I am very intrigued by a vector art) and I just found out that part of this program is also written with Python.

1 Like

This fella:

2 Likes

terminator is an excellent terminal emulator for linux also written on python.

1 Like

With Google App Engine, users can create web pages dynamically. Python, Java, PHP, or Go can be used to write the code that renders the web pages. This dynamically-written code can include HTML, JavaScript, and CSS.

Below is a screen capture of a web page supported by Python in Google App Engine. It uses HTML, JavaScript, and CSS to create an interactive map of New York City via the Google Maps JavaScript API.

1 Like

1 Like

Hey @bkglass - have you used Python for any Blender scripting so far?

@dirk surprisingly, I have not attempted any Python scripts in Blender yet… But I will as I become more comfortable with Python.

This video is what peaked my interest in using Python scripts in Blender - https://youtu.be/lERsd6cg2og
The video may seem a bit ‘hacky’ , but I could see the potential in using scripts in Blender.

Have you done any scripting in Blender?